Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time I get a sulky for my Toro 52". What would be the best sulky to get? I need one that stripes very well, and it needs to be able to be driven on pavement. Also, will I be able to use the sulky with my belt drive 14hp Kohler Command?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Ive heard that the toro tru trak is the best choice for a toro, but I hear they are about $400 or $500:dizzy::hammerhead:. Personally I like any type of sulky that rides on casters so that you stay straight behind the mower. One of these days I might actually get some time to weld myself a decent sulky, and that probably the design I will go with.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I have a set of jungle wheels for my 32" belt drive and they work great. They really help define the stripes. I would reccomend one.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didnt know they did that. I thought you like manually had to pull it up, and I dant want to have to take time out of my mowing for that. 10 seconds I know, but still. I will look into those. Also price is an issue. I dont want to have to sped more than $150 if thats possible.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Proslides are a little more expensive than $150 but I think are worth the money. I myself have never used one but have talked to guys that have them and seen the being used. It is kind of cool to watch the guys mowing and then see him all of a sudden step off to go over a driveway and then steps back on once he gets to the next part of the lawn, and doing that all without stopping the mower. The proslide is the only one that retracts, the other one is the goslide and that is cheaper and doesn't retract by itself like the proslide. If I were you I would spend the extra money and get the proslide.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
How often do you have to replace the pads on the bottom?
Replacing the pads will depend on how much you use it and where you use it. If you are only using it for 8 hours a week you won't have to replace it for quite a while, but if you use for 25 hours a week you will obviously need to replace it sooner. Or if you use it on rougher ground where there might be many stones or gravel that could cause the plate to wear faster. Replacing the pads really depends on how much you use it.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright thanks man. I've got a few rough properties that I cant use the Z turn on(either b/c of hills or size), so I think the jungle wheels may make a little more sense as of right now, but the Proslide definately seems like something to look into in the future when I loose these bad accounts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.