Best time to buy a used mower?

Cxb5nm8

LawnSite Member
Hi. Was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on buying a used mower? Is there a better time to look? Before, during or after the season. And also some things to look for when buying one. Like things to stay away from. Thanks in advance.

Hawkshot99

LawnSite Silver Member
August, when it gets hot, lots of people bail on the buissness. Nov-Jan people are out of work, but still have Bill's to pay so need to make some equipment sales.

ltdlawn

LawnSite Platinum Member
August, when it gets hot, lots of people bail on the buissness. Nov-Jan people are out of work, but still have Bill's to pay so need to make some equipment sales.
this exactly.
Check spark plugs oil air fuel filter see if it’s been maintained. Listen for whines of hydros, check if hydro oil smell burnt, wiggle blades for play in spindles sure I’m forgetting something

ltdlawn

LawnSite Platinum Member
Thanks again. I was looking on marketplace. Do you know if there is a way to narrow it by location?
not really but I usually search different keywords and brands example walkbehind or walk behind John Deere John deer etc its usual sorted by closest.