1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Best time to buy new exmark

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by fox9988, Sep 28, 2007.

1. fox9988

fox9988 LawnSite Member

I plan to start a new lco in the spring of '08.I'm planing to buy a HP.Will they be cheaper in the fall or in the spring?Is the 23hp upgrade over the 19hp worth the $$ on a 46in deck?Thanks in advance.

2. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

From what I have seen at two dealers in the past week- there are some good deals now! Lots of incentives- it's been a rough summer here. Losses for dealers on everything- sales, parts, service....

3. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

right now is the best time to make a exmark purchase and without question the 23 is a better choice over the 19

4. Stillwater

I would be reluctant to buy a first run design and waiting to purchase could be a long wait.

5. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup, and a new design next year might be the reason to buy now! Better deals on the "old" models they're looking to dump.

6. fox9988

fox9988 LawnSite Member

I priced the 46" 19hp today for $5700 & the 46" 23hp for $7100.That's $350 per hp for the added 4hp, at that price the 19hp is worth $6650.Doesn't seem worth it to me but i'm here for advice.

7. weeble67

weeble67 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 19 on my 46" Exmark HP. I love it. I have never ran short on power. Test them both out see which suits your needs the best. I wanted the 23, just for the bigger is better theory. Better to have it and not need it as to need it and not have it. But, I couldn't justify the extra money for it. Like I said I'm totally happy with mine.

8. Stillwater

the bottom line is for someone who doesent think the extra money for the extra h-power is worth it it most likely will not be worth it for them. know what I mean?