1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Best Value on handheld blower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CURBAPPEAL NC, Jan 27, 2006.

1. CURBAPPEAL NC

CURBAPPEAL NC LawnSite Member

I have the Redmax 8000, and am looking to get a handheld for driveways and walks. The Redmax hbz2600 is tempting for $199. Not alot of talk about handhelds. I did a search too.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

3. PTOhioMower

PTOhioMower LawnSite Member

I love my 2600. It is the lightest and most powerful handheld I could find, it totally blows!! I think I got mine for $179.

I think there isnt much talk about handhelds on here because most people get flamed when the topic arrises. But like I said, I love mine!!

4. ITL

ITL LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

Curb

We have the Redmax 2600 Handheld and the 8000 Backpack. Together on the same trailer they fit our needs well. The handheld 2600 is IIRC less than 9 pounds. Very light, easy to start, good run time on tank with Stratocharged engine. We use it on small residentials and removing grass debris from equipment/trailers. The 8000 gets used for large properties, small properties are grouped together, and fall leaves. We paid 190 USD each when we bought 2 at the same time. The dealer list price was 199 each. Another good handheld to look at is the Stihl BG85. It was 219 list price at same dealer. I chose the Redmax over the Stihl handheld because it seemed a little lighter, less expensive, and did not have the catalytic muffler to meet emission requirements due to Stratocharged engine.

Good luch with your selection. A handheld is very nice to have for small jobs.

5. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought the new Deere 4-stroke HH blower (BH25LE - I think) and am very impressed with it. VERY quiet compared to the 2-strokes too!

6. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

deffintly go with the hbz2600, light, powerfull, got mine for $199

7. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We have the redmax handheld it is a great 1 we like our shin handheld alot better the power seams the same but the shin is the 1 we go to first.

8. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I like my stihl just fine! But for really only doing 10 accounts i don't need anything huge...

9. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

ECHO PB 200 159.99 at my dealer.

10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Sure not anything wrong with a STIHL either! I have a BG 85 and an older BG 75? I like them both!

I prefer to use handheld blowers on most all residential drives and sidewalks. So much faster to grab that pull the rope while walking and get blowin and done. A backpack has it's place. For leaf clean-up my handheld rarely sees use, also on large jobs where theres a lot of sidewalks...