Lawn Care Forum banner

Best way to advertise??????

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  kyfireman2004 
#1 ·
Any suggestions on what the best way to advertise would be?

Anything will help......thanks.

#2 ·
The best way to advertise is get yourself out there. Volunteer, host events, do good work, word spreads. Other then that I think the best way is flyers. They can be printed cheap and you can just hand them door to door in your free time

The question is what kind of flyers do you all thing is most effective?

full page (8.5x11), half page (4.5x8.5), postcard? What paper stock? Colour or not? Both sides or one? Quantities how many do you get?

I print 8.5x11 colour double side and normally get 20'000 of them. What do you guys use and how effective is it?

#3 · (Edited)
Nick,
I have an advertising budget of $5800.00 per year, I know that sounds like a lot, but here is how it breaks down:

Door Hangers - 10,000 per year $800.00
Bandit Signs - 100 Per Year $150.00
Post Card Mailings - 6 Per Year (MAR / APR / MAY) Lawn Service and Mowing (SEP / OCT / NOV) Fall Clean up, Holiday Lighting, and Landscape Lighting. (3000 per mailing $4,860 per year)

I get about a .6 return on customers who sign up or approximately 80 new accounts per year from the post cards. If the average is $100.00 (low end) per month per new customer, then we gross $8000.00 per month or about $96,000.00 in new sales agreements.

The door hangers and signs are for company branding and we get another 20 to 25 customers out of this. So for a $5800 investment each year, we have in the past three years grown by over 100K per year, and we keep about 95% of our customers, so after the first year, they are even better sources of revenue, and we have a better opportunity to upsell or add additional services.

Good Luck my friend, experiment, but don't get too wrapped up with a lot of different marketing items or ideas.

Talk to Bob at Plan-itgraphics for design help http://www.plan-itgraphics.com/ tell him Tom for Evergreen sent you and Club Flyers for Reasonable Printing http://www.clubflyers.com/ Club Flyers will give you free biz cards and post cards as long as you are willing to let them advertise on the back. I know it's tacky, but free (you pay for shipping) is great for new LCO's. I still get the free postcards and use them as throw downs in resturants, car dealer/repair/car wash waiting rooms. A great front will make them forget the back side and if you add 5 new customers what the hey! Ther are free (about $20 for shipping)

#4 ·
I do fliers and direct mail. In addition to this I have my truck and trailers lettered up and myself and employees always wear company gear. These things get your name out there really well. We also offer a refer a friend program which gives people a small discount to refer my company to their friends and family.

#6 ·
Tommy boy when do you start with your direct mailing and door hangers I am trying to get some additonal feedback on this.
Door Hangers will start Feb 1 through June / July based on work schedule

Post cards - Same card Mowing / Weed and Fert 4 Mailings Feb / Mar / Apr / June 6k per month

Post Cards - Landscape Lighting / Holiday Lights / Fall Clean-up SEP / OCT / NOV 6k per month

target mailings of house over 350K

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.