1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Better dumped the ELS on the Super Duty?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vanguard, Mar 23, 2007.

1. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

I wonder why Better has dumped the 16hp Briggs ELS on the Super Duty and are going with a 14.5hp Intek engine. I did a search but found nothing, anyone know what's up with that :confused:

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

hey wait. My company name is ELS.....

3. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

vanguard:

Last year's Quick 36 line-up included an 11.5HP Briggs manual, 13 Briggs manual, 13 Briggs electric, 16 Briggs electric and a 16 Kawasaki electric. The incremental differences we so small across models, it made the line "muddy" and sometimes confusing for our customers. :dizzy:

Certainly nothing wrong with the 16 Briggs ELS... we've got a zillion of them in the field and with very few exceptions, they've been a great product.

For 2007 we made the decision to more cleanly position the mowers, each with its own set of features and benefits within a price range; "Good", "Better" and "Best". The 14.5 Intek is our midline machine and thus far has been very well received.

FWIW: the 16ELS used a model 28 (28 cu.in.) engine. The 14.5 commercial Intek is a model 31 (31 cu.in.). The 10% larger displacement of the 14.5 results in slightly more torque.

gp