Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi thanks for having me I’m new! New at everything completely just have to do this myself my cub cadet commercial tank Kawasaki engine is surging got plugs got fuel thingy I’ve watched some videos where is the best place to find simple instructions for my beginning skills to fix this mower? I need your help! Thanks Betts

·
Registered
18,940 Posts
How mechanical are you?

Reactions: Greencuts518

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Do you have tools?
How serious are you about getting into this?

Personally I would suggest splurging a bit...
You need flat head and phillips head screwdrivers, a small assortment of 3-4 each.
Some open end wrench sets (one each metric and SAE), probably about 7-10 or so each.
A socket and ratchet set, with some extensions, again 7-10 each of both metric and SAE sockets... An adjustable wrench, a pliers, a needle nose pliers, a set of 3 various size Vise grips.
A hammer, with a claw, a prybar.
And a portable 4-drawer or so toolbox to fit it all in...
You'll want to make yourself a list.
Take it to someplace like Lowe's or an Auto parts store and have them help you put it all together, if they can...
Quality tools, half decent stuff, the above can set you back a quick few hundred...

Wouldn't hurt to have deep sockets but...
The above is a start, you'll need lots more over the years but I don't want to make you spend a thousand or two and then you find out this isn't for you.

Reactions: Betteherbers11

·
Registered
12,371 Posts
Hi thanks for having me I’m new! New at everything completely just have to do this myself my cub cadet commercial tank Kawasaki engine is surging got plugs got fuel thingy I’ve watched some videos where is the best place to find simple instructions for my beginning skills to fix this mower? I need your help! Thanks Betts
Try this link for starters....

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
See if it goes away with the choke cable pulled out. Try different stages. 1/3 1/2 etc.
Kawasakis, some, not all have welch plugs on top of the carb. Usually 2, on top of the carb. They are more toward the engine side than the air filter side.
If unsure, post a pic if you can. If they popped out, it will give you a surge.
Look for the cause first. Don’t just throw parts at it. It’s totally illogical at this point.
But sometimes its a last resort.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have tools?
How serious are you about getting into this?

Personally I would suggest splurging a bit...
You need flat head and phillips head screwdrivers, a small assortment of 3-4 each.
Some open end wrench sets (one each metric and SAE), probably about 7-10 or so each.
A socket and ratchet set, with some extensions, again 7-10 each of both metric and SAE sockets... An adjustable wrench, a pliers, a needle nose pliers, a set of 3 various size Vise grips.
A hammer, with a claw, a prybar.
And a portable 4-drawer or so toolbox to fit it all in...
You'll want to make yourself a list.
Take it to someplace like Lowe's or an Auto parts store and have them help you put it all together, if they can...
Quality tools, half decent stuff, the above can set you back a quick few hundred...

Wouldn't hurt to have deep sockets but...
The above is a start, you'll need lots more over the years but I don't want to make you spend a thousand or two and then you find out this isn't for you.
Got a shed full! Just don’t know where to begin

·
Registered
18,940 Posts
Go find someone to do it for you......

Reactions: J. Baker

·
Registered
232 Posts
Several people have asked for more information. If you would like to respond back with the information you would likely get better directions. So for starters, what is a fuel thingy? Type of mower? Engine?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts