• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Beware Lesco and Symbiot

PRGN1

LawnSite Member
Just to let you know Lesco and symbiot have teamed together. what this means is that only a select few will be able to get rock bottom pricing .Symbiot only allows so many in a certain market area.If your competitor is a Symbiot partner they can buy products at much lower prices.To top it all off last year Lesco gave a 3% refund back to all Symbiot partners. My self i do 99%of my purchchasing with Lesco . But not any more !!! Called Lesco tonight told them to come a pick there product up.Called another company will have new product delivered on Monday. I will personally boycott Lesco and any other company affiliated with Symbiot. Any respones would be greatly appreciated.

ProMo

LawnSite Bronze Member
I quit buying from lesco a while back thy want 145 dollars for 2.5g of roundup pro and I found a different fert supplier that has the same product 40 bucks cheaper

Tony Clifton

LawnSite Senior Member
Why didnt you stop buying from Lesco sooner, they sell to Trugreen etc at even better prices then Symbiot partners get. Its a volume thing, the more a company buys, the better pricing they get.

OP
P

PRGN1

LawnSite Member
When your direct competition can buy at 10 to 20% less than I can.They can offer better pricing. IM in a very price competitive market so price is very important.Yes you can beat them with a higher quality service.But dealing with window shoppers price does come first. Turf 78 do you happen to be a Symbiot partner?

turf78

LawnSite Member
10 to 20% is a big number. 2 to 5% I can see. Do what you have to do. The group price is no way close to the big guys. Again the "team up" started over a year ago. Lets all charge the same price as the gas stations do, whether you are a supplier or applicator.

sodzilla

LawnSite Member
I just got a Home Depot ad in our paper today. There in the lawn care section was Lesco fertilizer for sale. They even had it mixed with deminsion. I guess I never noticed it before. Has Home Depot always had Lesco fert or is this new?