• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

bid help for a gas station per visit.

kharrington

LawnSite Member
Need a ballpark price per visit bidding my first gas station. It has very little grass, just mow and blow. I can figure the milage and other just looking for the per visit. How close should it be compared to what I charge per hour for residential?

Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

AzLawnMan

LawnSite Senior Member
As I said in the other thread, if you want it, bid it like you do. Its very simialar to a residential bid. If the time and the work is the same, bid it the same but if your getting multipal jobs then lower your price a bit, not alot just alittle.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Yep you will need to be slightly more aggressive than on resi's to win the bid due to competitiveness. BUT, don't sell your soul.

bohiaa

LawnSite Fanatic
Public places are a PITA.

wlamarts/fast food/gas stations.

you will have to raise your regular price for the simple fact that it's a larger risk.
Gentelmen: always remember risk managment. and price accordly.

Bob_n_weave

LawnSite Senior Member
Public places are a PITA.

wlamarts/fast food/gas stations.

you will have to raise your regular price for the simple fact that it's a larger risk.
Gentelmen: always remember risk managment. and price accordly.
I agree ! Lots of glass windows to be broken, people walking by. If you break 1 window how much that going to cost you ? How much do you make per cut ? Higher risk = higher price, make sure you communicate that with your bid.

AOD

LawnSite Senior Member
I do a small gas station which has maybe 2,000 square ft of grass. I get $40 a shot for it, but it's also only 1/4 mile from my house. The manager is a good friend so I throw in extras like picking up trash, pulling weeds and blowing off around the pumps if there's no cars there. She hooks me up with free Gatorade.

stevenf

LawnSite Bronze Member
I would double check trimming time for sure. Alot of gas stations(from what I have noticed) tend to have ditch drains, signs, electrical pole, you name it.... Trimming could take a while.

Myk

LawnSite Member
I haven't mowed a gas station they can't pay me enough to mow a gas station the things you need to look at all the traffic in and out dumb@ss people walking right in front of you. ALL the freaking trash you have to pick up in the lawn due to dumbass people can't find a trash can. I mow a couple of properties by different gas stations and its the same story at each place. So consider this when you submit your bid all the headace to go with just mow and blow very little grass.