1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bid help

Discussion in 'Sports Field Management' started by TimmayB4, Mar 14, 2009.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Correct, but with 2 hours per week to do it, I can go out and make $50 per hour for my own pocket. Yes I realize there are costs associated with that, and if I were to send my guys out to do it, then it wouldn't be worth it.

However, I can do it at 5 am, 12 noon, 5 pm or 9 pm, it doesn't matter as long as there's not a game in progress.

It's usually something I get up early to go do, stop at the gas station, get a doughnut, put on the radio and mow with the sunrise. The extra mowings I don't have to trim, just keep the grass playable, so it's just driving around at full speed, since the grass was just cut 2 or at most 3 days ago.

If you miss a small strip here or there, it's not even noticable.

2. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Large sites here go for less than $20/acre. I bid more than that, and if I get it, great, if not, well, I'll let someone abuse their mowers for not much profit. A town that owns a total of 18 acres of land was just bid out, and the winning bid was $325/cut.

3. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

are you saying I am not gonna make money on that $325? What did you bid?

haha jk. :hammerhead: