1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

bid on 110 unit condo complex

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wes H, May 29, 2000.

1. Wes H

Wes H Guest

I know this has been covered and I am going to look up past posts, but..... I would like some advise. I bid on condos last year and got burned a little. I went to look at these condos today. Lots of weedeating and alot of hills. There are 25 buildings and quite a bit of flower beds and shrubs that I have to get around. It doesn't leave room to get larger mowers in. (maybe 36" at most in many places) I don't want to underbid again. My initial reaction was $600.00 per cut. I think it will take 3 people all day to cut, but don't know until I get in and cut. Any advise is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. lawnnut

lawnnut LawnSite Member

Break it down into smaller sections.<br>Do not let the size get to you.<br>Is it like 25 seperate house jobs so to speak?<br>25 houses at 25 should be $625.00<br>

3. Wes H

Wes H Guest

Ok nut, that makes sense. Every one of the twenty five houses are a little tough. Hilly, losta weedeatin' hard to get mowers in.... I think there should be an extra charge for the hills and hard to reach areas.