• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Bid on edging only.

bayoulawn

LawnSite Member
If you were asked to bid a bank for edging only, no mowing.
Would you bid it by linear feet or what? And If so, how much per foot?

I will also be maintaining planting beds, but its the edging I was wondering about.

sprout

LawnSite Member
:eek: Well i have worked for banks and it was always about money. Anyway--- how many homes could you edge in the time it would take to edge the bank? I'm guessing about 2-3 homes. I will charge $10 to $15 to just edge an average house in my area. So I'd say $30 to $45.

work_it

LawnSite Senior Member
I'm not sure about your areas (Fla. and La.), but around here edging is charged by the linear foot. I charge $1/ft and don't have any problem getting my price; especially when joe homeowner gets out there with a spade and finds out how much time and labor it takes.

Lawnalternatives

LawnSite Member
Originally posted by work_it
I'm not sure about your areas (Fla. and La.), but around here edging is charged by the linear foot. I charge $1/ft and don't have any problem getting my price; especially when joe homeowner gets out there with a spade and finds out how much time and labor it takes.
Dito... Do you do it with a long handled flat spade?

work_it

LawnSite Senior Member
No way. That's just too much work for me. I use a bed edger that I bought at Kenmulch, but charge the same as I would if I was doing it with a spade. After all, if the bed edger quits on me I'm going to end up doing the job by hand, and don't think a customer would appreciate/understand it if I changed the bid just because I no longer have that piece of equipment.

GrassFearsMe

LawnSite Senior Member
Get that new Bed Edger little wonder makes man you can do 100 somethin feet a minute. I want one but dont have a real need for it as i only cut beds in at spring cleanup time. If anyone has used on tell me what you think of it.

OP
B

bayoulawn

LawnSite Member
I dont mean bed edging i mean side walk edging.

I think?

I better ask and find out for sure.

Green Care

LawnSite Senior Member
If the edging is bad say it haven't been edged in a while then I will bid by the hour because cleanup is involved.

I have a trim rite I use for the bad ones.