• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Bid on larger property

rcslawncare

LawnSite Bronze Member
Its not up for bid this year as it is already contracted, but I just have to find out what you guys would bid this property at. He doesn't know the acreage, but figures someone could help me put a google map of it up here to look at it that way. any takers?

OP
R

rcslawncare

LawnSite Bronze Member
I cant seem to find a map that has the exact area so you can see it, Any other good map finders than google? I would think it would be close to 8 acres of mowing, hilly terrain. What's your going rate per acre? Is there any way I can measure by walking it?

djagusch

LawnSite Platinum Member
The county may have a GIS map that will show acres.

For price per acre. I can show you many different rates for a acre depending on what's on it (hilly, trees(short/tall), fences, gardens, rocks, etc).

Also what are you running a 48" rider is alot different than a 72" 15mph rider.

So a person needs alot more info than given.

OP
R

rcslawncare

LawnSite Bronze Member
Hey there, it is mainly rolling hills, zero trees. I will be using a John Deere Z925 with a 60" deck. I will be a one mower operation.

djagusch

LawnSite Platinum Member
Hey there, it is mainly rolling hills, zero trees. I will be using a John Deere Z925 with a 60" deck. I will be a one mower operation.
Guessing that is a 10 to 12mph mower. Comparable to my Scag. Flat 2.7 acres with a normal mowing schedule will be alittle under an hour. If that is 8 acres rolling hills (some slowing down in a normal shape) should be in the 2.5 to 3 hr range. Just enter your hourly rate. I got one 8 acre place but with trees, houses, sheds, and etc. I charge $190 and takes 3 hrs w/trimming but I'm also running a Super Z 72" on the property.

OP
R

rcslawncare

LawnSite Bronze Member
Awesome, that makes sense. Wish I could get a picture of it somehow on here so you could actually see the area. He wanted a bid of my price in case this guy that is contracted does not work out.