Bid on Sheraton, wish me luck.

FoghornLeghorn

LawnSite Senior Member
So I put a bid in on a Sheraton in the middle of downtown. Brickman is currently doing it, but the manager told me he's just not happy with the service, that "they're not living up to the expectation we had for them".

I have an inside source, and said they're paying $2000-ish a month.

The hotel itself is on about 2.8 acres, but there's only about 0.8 acres that need to be cut.

The site contains some unique challenges, no ZT or WB access to half of the land, hills, retaining walls, tons of flowerbeds, lots of detail, trimming, walkways, extra care not to get too close to guests with power equipment etc. There's about 15 minutes of ZT mowing, and 30 of 21" mowing. I estimated 3 guys, 3 hours each, so I bid $2,340/month for the mowing. 52 visits/year. 3 year contract with an automatic 3.5% increase every January.

Mulch, flowers, tree trimming above 8', fertilizer/weedkill is extra.

Greyst1

Banned
Dang, i like the confidence and the definitive quote. Sounds like you know what's up, good luck bro. Sheratons are my fav hotels if you know what i mean....lol

OP
F

FoghornLeghorn

LawnSite Senior Member
I submit my bid packets in a 1/2" binder with a clear pocket front to have a cover page.

I walk the site and take pictures of every single issue/problem/variation from industry "best practices" and then put arrows pointing to every issue since managers don't really know what they're looking at, then a caption with a recommended solution. That way it shows I have an eye for detail, and also a set of solutions for every problem I find.

Then I have a second section with our bid outlining the terms and conditions of the contract.

The final 2 pages are our W-9 and our ACORD certificate for liability and Workman's Comp.

An hour after I drop off the packet, I email a PDF of the packet from my mobile phone to the prospective contact to show that our company has technology and that we're all a bunch of badasses.

calvinslawnservices

LawnSite Senior Member
I submit my bid packets in a 1/2" binder with a clear pocket front to have a cover page.

I walk the site and take pictures of every single issue/problem/variation from industry "best practices" and then put arrows pointing to every issue since managers don't really know what they're looking at, then a caption with a recommended solution. That way it shows I have an eye for detail, and also a set of solutions for every problem I find.

Then I have a second section with our bid outlining the terms and conditions of the contract.

The final 2 pages are our W-9 and our ACORD certificate for liability and Workman's Comp.

An hour after I drop off the packet, I email a PDF of the packet from my mobile phone to the prospective contact to show that our company has technology and that we're all a bunch of badasses.
Always gotta show the badass side.

OP
F

FoghornLeghorn

LawnSite Senior Member
No word on the Sheraton yet, but I did get word from an account I've been courting for almost 2 years that they chose my company tonight. All said, with park improvements, maintenance, mulch, fertilizing, tree trimming, repairs and irrigation work it's about $19,000 month. Finally!

Now I have to make sure I keep it all organized and don't screw it up.