1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

bid price?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mikey, Apr 9, 2002.

1. mikey

mikey LawnSite Member

a pot. cust. wants me to give him a spring clean up for a pretty good sized yard front and back.also he wants me to clean all his flower beds and lay down 4 yds of bark mulch he has a lot of old leaves and chestnuts ets.Plus he wants me to thatch his lawn which has a lot of yellow spots on it.so heres the bid i gave him im a solo op and i do this on th e side (got laid off)

spring clean up under all trees to
    clean flower beds
    lay 4yds of bark mulch about $25-28 per yd
    thatch whole yard (this will be my first thatching job have to rent
    one $65 for day
    about 6000 sq ft

i told him $800

am i off or on.....he told me i was the only guy to show up on time..i know that dont mean sh!@!
    what do u guys think?

2. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Oh showing up on time does mean something, it shows your dependable, don't ever think otherwise, I wish I could help you on your estimate but I just don't have enough info...

Hank

3. T. Matthews

T. Matthews LawnSite Member

Hey I price my thatching on the lawn cut, my mowers have thatchers on them so If i cut a lawn for 30 it would be 60x how erver many times I go over the lawn. Plus a despoal fee which is my my compost pile so it's more profit for me. On the mulch spreading I charge 25-30 a yard depending on the terrain. If i use my need tractor it's $45 per yard.

T. matthews