Bidding a fast food chain. SUCH AS A MCDONALDS ,BURGER KING ,POPEYES.

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by JOEY'S LAWN MAINTENANCE, Jan 17, 2018.

1. JOEY'S LAWN MAINTENANCE

JOEY'S LAWN MAINTENANCE LawnSite Member

WHEN BIDDING A COMMERCIAL PROPERTY ON A YEAR ROUND CONTRACT ,WHAT ARE THE FIRST STEPS ON BIDDING THESE JOBS ..

2. Dawson

Dawson LawnSite Senior Member

Typically you either have to know someone there that makes those decisions or give the cheapest bid if you don't.

RDALawns likes this.
  3. Digitaria Sanguinalis

Digitaria Sanguinalis LawnSite Member

I personally don't get why guys try for these properties. They seem like nothing but headaches to me. The amount of trash hidden in bushes and spread throughout the turf would annoy the **** out of me. Plus the occasional syringe and bodily fluids (vomit, etc..)

4. starry night

starry night LawnSite Gold Member

Stop in and ask to see the general manager (not just the manager on duty unless they are one and the same.) Ask how it's handled. If the only service you do is mowing, you probably won't get the contract. Full-service is where it's at.

oqueoque likes this.
  5. RDALawns

RDALawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Texas

I don't attempt to get them. I've even turned down a opportunity to bid on 3 rural post offices. To much bs to little profit.

oqueoque, JLSLLC and hort101 like this.
  6. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Gold Member

The first thing I would get is a personal letter of guarentee for payment from the owner , not the manager

sjessen and JLSLLC like this.
  7. AWilsonCreativeServices

AWilsonCreativeServices LawnSite Member

FIRST STEP IN BIDDING IS TO TAKE THE CAPS LOCK OFF.

My only fast-food experience was my first year of business with a Krystals that was subbed through Ferrandino& Scum, I mean, Sons. Experience was terrible, and didn't get fully paid for the work we performed over a few months. Yes, I was new and wet behind the ears, but the amount of work vs low bidder price = only person coming out ahead is the management co collecting a fee.

8. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Step one
    Don’t bid because you don’t know jack Boit bidding these properties.
    Step two
    find better paying properties
    Step three
    When in doubt refer to step one

9. LawnAndTurf

LawnAndTurf LawnSite Member

lets us know how it goes!

oqueoque likes this.
  10. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

No. Hell no. Eff hell no to fast food, strip malls and parking lots full of islands. More garbage, bark mulch and scrub bushes than landscaping. Add in poverty prices and net 90 day payments.

oqueoque likes this.