• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Bidding a job.....Are my prices in line.

o-so-n-so

LawnSite Bronze Member
1. Transplanting 5 trees. 5'/6' tall
2. Remove 2 dead or damaged trees. One has to be dug to make room for another tree. The other can be cut and grind stump, clean up and top soil.
3. Plant 4 Leyland Cypress trees. 6' tall.........
4. Move a corner fence decoration. A bed with a corner section of white vinyl fence. Remove all existing plant and mulch material and renovate. About 10-12 man hrs. have tractor with bucket.
5. Sod old corner decor location. About 150 sq.
6.Install new landscape bed as a focal point. Will use moss rock, dry stack to give some contrast and elevate the bed on front side. On a slight slope. Rock will be level and will to give that retaining wall look.

Material is 1123.23
Labor is 2500.00
Total....................3623.23

I'm new at this Landscaping Install thing. I think around 40 to 45 man hours to complete.

impactlandscaping

LawnSite Silver Member
Allow yourself some extra time for the transplants & removals. You never can tell when something seems easy, it probably won't be the day you go to do it. I don't know what your overhead / operating costs are, but your price seems a little low,JMO.

workaholic

LawnSite Senior Member
How many employees do you have working on this project? what type of trees are you transplanting?

OP
o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so

LawnSite Bronze Member
Workers.....whats that?

Me and a helper. Tractor w/ forks and a bucket.

Trees to be transplanted are 4 Leyland Cypress(5' tall) and and 1 Willow Tree (12' tall w/ a 4" cal.)

New trees will be 6' Leyland Cypress trees. 2 trees will go where 2 existing cypress tree are to be transplanted from and 2 will be new locations.

O-O