Bidding on commercial properties

Fitzy1101

LawnSite Member
Wanted to know what you guys do to go about bidding on commercial retail properties? Like riteaid or dollar general etc. is there a website to use or do younhave to go into the business and find out?
Thanks

Andrew H

LawnSite Gold Member
Both of those are handled by national management companies, most if not all are a pain in the ass to deal with, and many have been know to screw people over.
If you’d like a list of ones that screw people; look no further.

USM, ferrandino and son, Millennia housing management, just to name a few. Oh and facility source management (which used to handle DG)

Go for properties where the person you’re dealing with is in the same state as you.

jetson

LawnSite Member
Both of those are handled by national management companies, most if not all are a pain in the ass to deal with, and many have been know to screw people over.
If you’d like a list of ones that screw people; look no further.

USM, ferrandino and son, Millennia housing management, just to name a few. Oh and facility source management (which used to handle DG)

Go for properties where the person you’re dealing with is in the same state as you.
I’m with ya here. Some of those smaller retail store are just not worth the headache. I used to mow for auto zones atriums here and it was just a terrible experience billing wise and I dropped them. But some are good so I guess it’s just the luck of the draw. But I just went inside and asked them for the person in charge of billing.

J@Panthercitylawn

LawnSite Member
WE just took on a contract with ferrandino and sons. not a great experience the first week We were planing on working it a month or two and see if some of the "big money" work will materialize from the properties we have.

jetson

LawnSite Member
Not a great experience? I’ve had a couple of those. I work or maintains few very high dollar restaurants on the river, pretty big properties at that. First couple of weeks the people seemed liked total poop heads... and I was like this ain’t for me.. haha.. turns out they’ve actually been some of my best customers ..