1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding on lots for City

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by QC&L, Mar 6, 2020.

1. QC&L

QC&L LawnSite Member
    from Dayton

Loooong time reader 10 years be exact going on my 11th year but first time asking a question lol. I have an opportunity to bid on properties that the city takes care of and there is a couple of fields that have a 15 different parcels with each parcel having a different amount of acres to bid on. They range from 0.74 down to 0.11 but it does add up to 3.21 acres Soooooooo feedback would be much appreciated I’m assuming some of you have dealt with this kind of work before. Thank you

2. kinneberg lawn service

kinneberg lawn service LawnSite Senior Member

How much trimming if any? Are they close to one another? Just thinking travel time to consider. I would consider each separately for a price given any differences in terrain, trees ect. The small parcels wont take long so perhaps a minimum change. Just running some ideas to consider. Maybe bid it 2 ways per parcel and total area and be somewhere in middle just a thought. Eitherway bid to make something if your not the low bid don't feel bad about it.

3. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Your wording is confusing, are these three complexes with 5 sections on each, 3 complexes with 15 each, or 3 fields and 15 smaller properties?

Other questions,

What is the scope of work, just mowing trimming? Or are you responsible for trash, broken limbs, turf damage etc

How close are they together? Also how accessible are they?

Are they per service or seasonal? I don't know how turf is around you, but where I am the municipal properties are generally the first ones to dry out in the summer months. Keep that in mind, that they may ask you to suspend service during that time. Whereas if it is seasonal they generally don't care how you service them as long as they aren't getting complaints.

hort101 likes this.