1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding out Rockhounding

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by rpagano, Apr 16, 2008.

1. rpagano

rpagano LawnSite Member

What is the going rate per square foot for rockhounding?

2. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

whats rockhounding?

3. greg1

greg1 LawnSite Member

I'd put it at around 5 cents a square foot for normal conditions but you may want to go hourly. Skid steer plus rockhound should get a premium as there very efficient together. Two very expensive pieces of equipment together with high maintenance to boot should get paid top $$ :weightlifter:

4. Turboguy

Turboguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't do rockhounding myself but the prices the local guys charge ranges between 5 and 6 cents a square foot.

Isobel, a rockhound is an attachment for a skid steer loader that removes rocks and finishes the soil to get it ready for seeding. Around here a rockhound and a harley rake are the two ways most guys prep the soil. They take more investment in equipment than using something like a York rake but they are very fast and efficient and do a great job.

5. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

ahh, i see. thanx :)