bidding ?'s

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn storm, Feb 28, 2003.

  1. lawn storm

    lawn storm LawnSite Member
    Messages: 39 you guys pull trailer with you when you bid jobs ?
    2....what if its Tuesday and they want it cut and you got to go back to that area on Friday to do the rest of your existing lawns ? do you get them with the others that you cut ? you just cut twice that week , or let them grow till second friday ?
  2. Premo Services

    Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,516

    1. I do go to bid while I am working in the area where the job is that wants a bid. I do have the trailer with me when I am working, so possibly would be able to cut it right then if they accept proposal.

    2. If we are in agreement for price, etc., then I would cut it on tuesday, and then do it the next week on the day I was in that area. If that day was friday, it would only be three days more growth.

    I would never wait till the second week to make first cut. Most of the jobs that I bid, the lawn needed cutting a couple weeks before they decided to call me to bid.:eek: :D:eek:
  3. kickin sum grass

    kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 628

    I found out that it depends on the time of year. in the spring I tell them it has to be done today and then again on friday to get it on schedule. tell them it is growing to fast and it will cost a lot extra to wait because it will take you extra time to get in shape. if they still are leary offer a discount for today, raise your mower and cut it tall. what does it hurt because you and the equipment are there already and by raising it up it shouldn't take long. at least you will make some money for the trip out and back and won't eat the expense.

    if it is in the summer or fall i usually will wait.
  4. Premo Services

    Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,516

    You are right, in the spring, it grows at unbeliveable rates. BUT I have never been able to tell potential customer that I need to cut it on Tuesday and be back on Friday(3 days later) to do it again. Like I said most of the people wait until it is higher, and needed cutting a couple weeks before they call me to bid on the job.
    If it seems like it would be growing a lot before I get back in 10 days, I might go there and do it on wed or thursday of the next week.

Share This Page