1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding wars

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by lawnboy8154, Jul 27, 2005.

1. lawnboy8154

lawnboy8154 LawnSite Member

Does any body have a good formula for bidding commercial and residential properties?

2. SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC LawnSite Member

You Have Just Opened Pandoras Box And Probably Will Be Deluged By Answers From Every Angle. The Owner Of This Website Has Some Materials Available On The Subject But I Have Not Purchased Them So I Cant Vouch For It.

3. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Nope..... I just go out there and give them whatever number floats into my head..... :) :cool2:

4. lawnboy8154

Thanx for the feed back?

5. SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC LawnSite Member

Get All The Project Specs , Know Your Cost ...........factor In How Much You Want To Make . Thats Approximately What You Should Bid

6. lawnboy8154

Thanx for the feed back!

7. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Actually, your supposed to find out what the lowest competitors bid is, and then cut it in half.

Then when your all done, charge him a bunch of additions to the bid until you make a profit.

Don't really do this

8. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

The sad truth is some people reallly do that. Makes it hard for professionals to compete against amaturs when the bottom line is GREEN.