• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Bidding

Charlie

LawnSite Member
I am intersted in expanding my commercial maintenance contracts. Any suggestions on how to get my foot in the door or find a contact at any of these properties? What do you guys do?<p>----------<br>Charlie<br>Turf Creations, Inc.

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
If I see a new building being put up I'll ask right away about lawn care. The same with new developments, I'll contact the builder and find out who the officers are on the maintenance commity before the open areas are deeded over to the development. Bob

Nilsson Associates

LawnSite Member
Charlie,<br>Use your Yellow Pages, look up categories like following, and call them, ask for manager, person in charge of grounds:<p>.. Motels, hotel<br>.. Fast food<br>.. Funeral homes<br>.. Real estate mgmt<br>.. Large truck refueling stops<br>.. Sit down restaurants<br>.. Park departments<br>.. Day care centers<br>.. Hospitals<br>.. Banks<br>.. Auto dealerships<br>.. Self storage yards<p>Just thumb through, for all the possible categories ... and don't forget about doing direct canvassing, drive around, walk in, ask for manager, do your &quot;thing&quot;.<p>Phil Nilsson