Bidding?

jrsimpson77

LawnSite Member
I have some snow removal customers that have requested me to give them a bid for lawn mowing. Three house, small front lawns, guessing start to fininsh would take no longer than an hour....Just getting the equipment to offer lawn mowing in the spring and have never done any bidding for lawn mowing before. Do you bid by how long it will take? Any help and advice would be awesome and much appreciated.

Thanks guys

Wecutgrass

LawnSite Senior Member
i look at the lawn and figure out how long it will take me by my self and i usually try to bid it at a dollar a minute.

OP
J

jrsimpson77

LawnSite Member
That's an excellent way to bid, thanks. I'll give it try. When you cut the lawn I assume you do any trimming and edging if needed right? I'd only hope since they are a snow removal customer that they would let me cut there lawn also. Only thing I worry about seems like everyone is out there to make an extra buck, so they buy a lawn mower and out bid everyone with a low bid. Where this is my business, snow removal a lawn mowing. I'm not some fly by night operation, will have good equipment that is taken care of with a good quality service. As I said before this spring will be my first year getting into the lawn mowing part of the business, I always had the best looking lawn and neighbors always asked me how I did it...lol So I'm sure I'll be fine.

Thanks for the help....only hope I can be as successful as you guys.

ringahding

LawnSite Senior Member
i look at the lawn and figure out how long it will take me by my self and i usually try to bid it at a dollar a minute.
Exactly. Stay strong with your pricing always. $50/hr per man if you hire employees is no out of the question either. We charge 60, but i know some companies personally that charge upwards of $85.

Wecutgrass

LawnSite Senior Member
With hard work and determination you will be fine. I started off with the equipment out of my moms shed. Now I have 50 lawns and all commercial equipment and looking to buy another zero turn
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
J

jrsimpson77

LawnSite Member
Hard work and determination has already got me far with the snow removal business, started with one truck, now I have three and 50 + accounts. Just hope I can do as well with the lawn mowing part......Seems like everyone is out there to save a buck, and there is always someone out there that just does the lawn mowing business as (just a little extra cash)...lol It's my business, not just a little extra cash and I take it very serious providing good quality work and extra good customer service.

Thanks guys your awesome :clapping: