Bids run right over or take a couple of days

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by olderthandirt, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I ask the person whats best for you?Would you like to be there or would you like me to leave an estimate for you then I go from there but I do try to get there as so as possible I think it shows that you are dedicated and want there business.

2. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

All THREE now! LOL
    :p

3. cush

cush LawnSite Senior Member

I've found most people have a figure in their head what it will cost for our services. The others will call half a dozen places and wait till everyone bids and go with the cheapest.

I like to do bids the same day for three reasons. First if they are ready to sign up and I am the first there I have a good shoot at it. Second if they are shopping around for just price I don't have a very good shot but by responding promptly I leave a good impression. Third they will usually call when they have time to meet with me, and buy coming over the same day they will usually find time to be there.

4. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

As a general rule I try to get there as soon as practical.Around here people in the nicer homes will take a few days to decide.Most of the average Joe blows will end up haveing it cut within 24 hours of calling. There are alot of guys looking for work aroind here and it's definately a you snooze you lose situation.

5. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

If you don't get right over there, your competition will. I have missed the chance to offer an estimate before because someone else beat me there, I'm talking about less than a 24 hour turn around. I will make it a point to be there the day they call, unless it is after 5:00, then it will be the next morning.