1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Big Bad Deer!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ol'time Lawncare, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

:cry: Last week i was doing a clean-up. it's about 2 in the afternoon, sun to my back. blowing leafs.spacing off, then out of the blue it was standing there, watching me! and it was BIG, it's eyes didn't blink. i did'nt know what to do.it was about 7 foot from me,and i could tell it wasn't happy. yup it was a big buck. i counted the points as i turn and ran to the truck! 10! it hit my trailor and broke one of it's antlers off . after it ran away and i finished the clean-up,( ah, in my pants) i notice apples everywere! :realmad:

2. turftammer

turftammer LawnSite Member

The hunter that sees that deer with one side of it's rack missing/broke is going to be looking for the other deer that was big enough to get in a fight with the 10pt. and break the antler off p.s. I hope you picked up the antler becauase there are some of us that get a little excited over them.

3. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

that ol' big boy is going to have a headache... :dizzy: Don't be messing with a big buck's territory while the rut is on...he'll poke ya.

Buck

4. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

What I want to know is how did you outrun a deer?

5. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

He had a 7' head start!!!!
    :dizzy: :) :) :) :) :)

6. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

What I want to know is how did you outrun a deer?<<<<GREEN pastures ASK>>> ummm alls i know is i made it to my truck. i've never ran that fast, truck was close bye, yup i saved the antler! the home owner thought it was funny. maybe a surcharge is in place here! whatcha think bobby??? lol. :dizzy: A deer surcharge

7. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

talk about hazzard pay

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is a story to pass on to other LCO's in years to come

9. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Everyday I get a number of them wandering around on my property. There are a couple of them that like something in one of my compost piles, perhaps the fermenting crabapples.

A couple of bucks squared off a few days ago and now one comes up alone and shows signs of being pretty banged up.

2004_1113Image0016.JPG