1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Big disappointment with the new Pro Slide XT

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by syzer, Sep 25, 2006.

1. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

So, I read read read about this baby, and to my surprise, though I was very skeptical, everyone loved this thing except for a few. I bought and received this guy about 2 weeks ago for my Hustler Super Walk Behind.

This pro slide was made for the hustler I think, everything was just PERFECT! I nearly fell in love with it the hour I put it on =). I was very afraid of how complicated the unit appeared as was my brother/partner. I had to order it without his consent because he just didn't like the idea of the complicated device or sliding.

Well, I put it on and he didn't get any time on it because I loved it =).

So here is the meat and potatoes of this post. As of Wednesday of last week, my proslide had to be removed off of the swb. On Tuesday while cutting, I noticed the silverish goldish tab that lays flat above the diamond plate was kicked to the side. As a result, the pro slide wouldn't retract properly. Simply fix I figure I would just move it back over, however upon closer inspection, I realized that the little nipple on the "U" that cradles the springed portion of the trigger snapped off. This angered me a great deal, but I made it work by manually adjusting when I was ready to get off.

So the next day, I hit a hellish condo 5 acre property. This place is hell to cut. About 1 hour in, if that the pro slide just stop retracting up, regardless of what I did with the little trigger. I assume its a piston, however I just haven't had time to work with it to discover the reason.

I emailed the company early on yesterday in hopes to have a call or an email today so we can get this rectified immediately because the velky just isn't cutting it on the swb. However I have received no response. I received one immediately when inquiring about order this guy. At $400.00, this is about as high end as you can get for a velky for a wb, and I have no problem paying it but we are in this to make money. The longer I am without it, I feel I am not being nearly as productive.

Have any of you had any similar experiences with this unit? Please tell me I just received a faulty unit, I planned on putting these on all my wb's.

2. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Why don't you just call them during business hours?? I spoke with the guy who designed the product for 1/2 hr. once, he seemed fairly reasonable.

3. mark12

mark12 LawnSite Member
    from Ar

I would post this in the Hustler forum....PJ has helped every time I had asked and seems to help as much as he can.

4. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Howard, its not that I object tot he idea, but I get up at %:30 and my day is a flurry of non stop activity until anywhere from 5-7pm. I really have no time to call, and if I have a minute, the last thing I will be doing is calling a tech support line. I am sure most can understand that!

Mark, thanks, but it has nothing to do with the hustler. I wish it did because PJ is the man!

5. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

what is a proslide?

6. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Understandable, however I think there's only a few guys there. In fact he answered the phone last time I called.

7. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

The springs that helped fold mine up broke about 100 hours in. I just use a bungie cord to hold it up until i can get new springs. Is it really that bad just to put it up real quick or Do I not understand your problem correctly?

8. Elite Lawn Care

Elite Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I did, they replaced it and told me that they had a batch of bad springs. It came in UPS and I had it that week. I keep one on hand now, last week I used it after 1 full season, I will order another one for next year. Being that it is under the plate and gets rubbed allot I see them wearing out. That spring is my only complaint with mine.

9. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Its all part of the business.. You have to take the time ....