1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Big Dog owners, help me out

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by zspeed130, May 13, 2013.

1. zspeed130

zspeed130 LawnSite Senior Member

I need a mower bad. Local hustler dealer has a big dog I am gonna demo tomorrow. It looks like the A series or above but I did not write down a model number. Pretty sure it has servicable spindles. I think it is 20-22 HP Kohler but I see on the Big dog site they now offer Kawi. They want 3K. No budging on price. It has a 48in deck and only 230hrs. It is nice but has definatly been used. Thoughts? 3K is my limit surprisingly and I REALLY need to get my other guy on a mower. Is there any models I should stay away from? It is gonna get about 10hrs through the week on a condo complex and a pretty rough church (my 60in will do most of the work). I dont want to buy something I am gonna beat to death in one season. The 48in is kinda nice because it will get in places the 60 wont at the condos. It will also get a lot of use in the fall with leaves, mulching and blowing them to property lines.

Whatcha think?

Z

2. tdadkins00

tdadkins00 LawnSite Member

U can get a really nice used walk behind for 3 grand don't know if I would buy a A series like model