1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

big green trash cans where to buy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mike9497, Mar 30, 2003.

1. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

heys guys i went to slowe's last night looking for some new green landscape trash cans and they know longer sell them.anyone know where i can get them??

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

3. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

I've found 45 gal at K-Mart, Home Depot, has wheels. HD has a bigger selection.....

Lou :cool:

4. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Ace Hardware $32.00 Big Grey 32gal. Rubbermaid

5. SLC1234

SLC1234 LawnSite Member

LESCO, that is the place to buy them, you have one in your area should be around $40-50. Really good, bottoms wear out in about two or three years though. Just my two cents

6. bam

bam LawnSite Senior Member
    from .

try lesco or shemins nurseries. also, home depot sold them last year although I don't remember seeing them this year.

I set my crews up with 44 gal. rubbermaid cans now from HD. The gray heavy duty ones. they last alot longer because of a very strong bottom, cost about $40 instead of $60+ for the green ones. 44 gal. seems to be the right size, especially with these wet leaves and debris. Depot also has 32 gal. which I also bought. They are decent and alittle cheaper.

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I have been using 32 gallon (I believe) cans from Wal-Mart for several years. They are the somewhat flexible ones, not the blow-molded type that crack. They've been pretty durable, and for like $9, they're a pretty good deal. I've used the Brute model before, but they cost about 4 times as much and they have a bad habit of "walking off".

8. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

I got mine at Home Depot last year... $38.96

Got the reciept here in front of me....
    If you call them.. have them punch in the UPC #
    See if they have them yet.

This is the BIG green one with the wire handle on one side.

9. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

thanks guys for the help i shall check out home depot

10. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

What are the trash cans for? I use a Lawn Funnel, way better than a trash can,IMO anyway.