1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

big job

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Leone LawnCare, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Leone LawnCare

Leone LawnCare LawnSite Member

ok 25 yard of hard wood mulch 15 yards 50/50 mix reseed for 1750. good price? dirt cost 367 and mulch cost 536 seed cost 300
    i can do this in a day

2. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

I think your prices are very,very low. For 25 yards of mulch,I would charge $1500.00.I get $60.00-75.00 per yard of soil depending on the customer and what i am doing with it.

3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Sure, I'll give you a couple of jobs to do for me. You'll make me a fortune. Check your math, overhead, manhours. Your ridiculously low. :(

4. Capal

Capal LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

$75.00-$100.00/yard is what I am charging to spread. That does include deep natural edge. If the cust. wants the old mulch taken up (they're are a few out there) then I add more. If there is a new bed to be made then I add more. My sugg. find you a base price and stick with it. Then evalueate the job...even think on it a day or so and then give the cust. a written estimate. If you measure correctly then you should come within a yard or so of the written estimate.

Capal