Big tex trailer issues

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Tilford66, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Tilford66

Tilford66 LawnSite Member

Lol, my trailers carry furniture. All hand loaded debris. Far from abusing.

2. Garrett1234

Garrett1234 LawnSite Member

He’ll tildord. I hope my writing didn’t insinuate you abuse at all. If it did it was not my intention. Wanted to list how mines used as a gauge for you is all.
    Kemco. My trailer in a diamond c was almost 3 k more. I think I’d be too worried to use it, it was so oretty

3. Tilford66

Tilford66 LawnSite Member

Oh no I was just clarifying. Haha

4. kemco

kemco LawnSite Bronze Member

I found a dealer in Kentucky with a new diamond c 7 x 16 tandem with cage for $5k plus tax. The big Tex I got same size with cage was right at $5k with tax. I only had to drive about 45 min away to pick up the Big Tex.

The Diamond C I was about to buy was from Kentucky lake trailer sales in Calvert city KY. Same size everything. I should've gone with it. Again, many hours away from me and I kept thinking "but everyone says big Tex is the best". And I'm thinking im about to drop $5k I want the best... I didn't get it.

My single axle trailer which looks old and rough, iveI'had it 12 years is a Diamond C. I use it as a backup. It's a tube top rail and built like a beast. I completely agree, if they are still built like that diamond c is the winner.

5. Garrett1234

Garrett1234 LawnSite Member

Oh man. Same price for the diamond c equivalent is a dream come true. Chalk it up to lesson learned i guess right? Please don’t get me wrong, I’d buy my trailer again in a second especially for the price. But a diamond c it is not. Nor (around here) was it priced like one. My scissor lift, solar charge kit, literally everything has been flawless. But myself and I doubt any other person would ever compliment the big Tex paint jobs. I actually rattle can over the rust spots as they arrive. Might as well try to keep her looking sharp as I can. Zerk the hinges, wd40 the hinges that don’t have zerks. That’s about all it takes on mine.