1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Big Tree Take Down

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PlantscapeSolutions, Sep 19, 2010.

1. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Gold Member

I do arborist work mostly just in the slower winter months. Most of the work is trimming type work. I have all the tree saddles, ropes, and related equipment to do just about anything. This job was the take down of a 45' tall dead Post Oak right next to a million dollar home.

I removed the canopy and then we did a flop and drop with the 5,000 lb trunk. We had three guys on a 5000 lb test rope to make sure the tree went where we wanted it. It's a hell of a challenge taking down a tree like this but it went off without a hitch.

45' Dead Post Oak- That's me up in the tree.jpg

Down comes the trunk.jpg

IMG_5858.jpg

That's Me Up There.jpg

2. Cloud9Landscapes

Cloud9Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ca

Nice work, take it your going to grind the stump? Anyone who is dumb enough to plant a oak like that next to a million dollar home should be hunted down.

3. JDavisLandscapes

JDavisLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

My guess would be the tree was there before the house.....

4. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

5. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

hahahah ummm tree is much older then that house!

6. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

:laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Nice job....

8. DJJS

DJJS LawnSite Member

tree was there before the house:hammerhead:

9. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

good job. i do a lot of tree work to.

10. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 LawnSite Senior Member

I hope he meant the builder should have had the tree removed before the house was built.