Lawn Care Forum banner

Bigger Shindaiwa Edger?

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  rob7233 
#1 ·
Would you know if Shindaiwa has any plans on introducing an Edger bigger than the LE261? Something stronger with more torque to handle the the overgrown edge cleanups that we are seeing with foreclosures etc.

I would love to see something based off the T3410 or the new T282.

I am also a loyal Shindaiwa fan and consider the LE261 edger the best "finish" edger out there, bar none. However, it will bog down when dealing with significant overgrowth when "other brand" I use for this purpose will not.

#2 ·
If you have a edger gearbox and shaft I'm guessing you can put it on the T282 power head. I'm also guessing that since they use a curved shaft it has power limitations compared to the straight shaft competitors.

I use my M242 with the edger attachment and it works well also. For the overgrown edges I just go a bit slower.

#5 ·
If you have a edger gearbox and shaft I'm guessing you can put it on the T282 power head. I'm also guessing that since they use a curved shaft it has power limitations compared to the straight shaft competitors.

I use my M242 with the edger attachment and it works well also. For the overgrown edges I just go a bit slower.
The problem is the difference in shaft sizes. The edger gearbox works with the 231 & 261 size stuff but the T270 and bigger are both different outer tubing shaft size and iner shaft size and pattern. To go bigger, a redesign a the current edger gearbox is required..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.