1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Billing Question?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by rlc321, Jun 19, 2004.

1. rlc321

rlc321 LawnSite Member

How do most of you do your billing? Do you bill before you do the work or after. I have been telling my customers if they pay me at the beginning of the month before I do the work I will give them a small discount. Thanks

2. MiracleMan

MiracleMan LawnSite Member

Our residential customers are billed (Net-10) the 5th-10th of the month. Commercial customers are billed on the 20th of the month (Net-28). Commercial get 5% discount if paid Net-10. All one-time customers are COD baby! On new accounts, we require the first months payment at our first visit. We bill them thereafter monthly.
    We charge 1.5% service/penalty fee for any payment received after due date. $25 fee for NSFS checks. We take Amex and Discover. Hope this helps out.
    Our system has worked well the past 11 years.

3. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

Monthly billing after sevices with sales tax and no discounts....

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi rlc321,

I think the majority of Gopher users do their billing at the end of the month although some do it in the beginning.

5. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

End of the month, after services are performed. This is for regular customers. No discounts.