1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Billing Software

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by louieslawn80, Jan 10, 2020.

1. louieslawn80

louieslawn80 LawnSite Member

I am looking for a good mobile software to send invoices and estimates. I want the ability to cut a yard then send a one click invoice sent buy text and email.Then I want to be able to start to electronic billing. Tired of people giving me checks and undermats.
    I have lost out on lot of money over the year with losing track of how many time i cut and not sending invoice out on time. I manage 40 clients solo. Please any suggestions.

2. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Silver Member

Welcome to lawnsite! This subject has been extensively discussed in the business operations forum.

Here are a few for you to take a look at.

Service Autopilot
    Jobber
    Yardbook

3. OP
    OP
    louieslawn80

In your opinion for my small business what one would you recommend. I want to go full time in few years. thanks

4. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Silver Member

I think Yardbook has a free version. Software is difficult to change so you want to pick one that you can grow into.

Mattmowsgrass and Doc8406 like this.
  5. Green Industry Pro

Green Industry Pro LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Tyler Texas

Entry level to mid level - Yardbook
    Mid size company - Jobber
    Massive company - Service Autopilot

I use the paid version of Yardbook so that it integrates with QuickBooks online. Stripe is connected to yardbook and my bank and I have all clients cards on file. This is the ONLY way to go. I was using free version of yardbook with QB desktop Pro. Switched to paid and QB Online so that everything is linked and updates itself automatically. QB Online Integrates with Yardbook and Jobber, not sure about service autopilot. Really see no need to go with Jobber or SA because they're so expensive and yardbook does the same things for a fraction of the price.

Dainius, Doc8406 and jonthepain like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    louieslawn80

Thank Green In I signed up for the free version of yardbook. I haven't used QB before is that something you recommend I use with the app?

Green Industry Pro likes this.
  7. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Raleigh

We used quickbooks and yardbook together for a few years. It worked ok.

We moved to arborgold when we hit 500 customers. It has it's issues but we are kinda stuck at this point. So we will make it work.

zlandman likes this.
  8. Green Industry Pro

Green Industry Pro LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Tyler Texas

I'd recommend QB hands down. To me, its extremely important. I'd say its one of the top 5 best things you can do in your business. Having some sort of accounting software is awesome. I had the downloadable version which is good, it just doesn't connect with any other apps so you have to type everything in manually which becomes a drag. I switched to QB Online because it links with other apps and its really the only way to go. It has an app for your phone in case you don't have a pc (and its convenient to check anytime, even away from home). No need to type anything, the information is just there and organized. My invoices and payments from yardbook, customers, receipts and purchases I make. Its all there automatically. At the end of the year, I print my profit and loss report (which is automatically created for you) and take it to my CPA. She files my taxes and I'm done. There's other programs you can use besides QB, I just don't know them. QB is the most well known and widely used.

Book keeping is something I've been trying to learn, even though I have a CPA. It makes it easier for her if my stuff is organized and costs me less in the long run. I can also track how much money I'm making vs what I'm spending which is huge when it comes to growing your business and your profit.

Hopefully some of that made sense and is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'd love to help.

9. frederick_dante_guerra

frederick_dante_guerra LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

CLIPitc - they have been in the game for over 30x years.

10. Mattmowsgrass

Mattmowsgrass LawnSite Senior Member

I recommend yardbook,