1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

billy goat briggs and stratton

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ALBsun1, Sep 6, 2007.

1. ALBsun1

ALBsun1 LawnSite Member

Hello, I've got a 33" billy goat mower that has the 13hp briggs intek. I need a new starter, pulley, assembly piece. I would like to find the whole piece and just replace the whole assembly that i took off. I have checked some websites, but not much luck. I guess, i'll have to take it in to the dealer.

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

If you post your engine model and type numbers I'm sure I can come up with a on-line source for the complete assembly.

3. ALBsun1

ALBsun1 LawnSite Member

I don't know, the only thing it says is 13.0 intek OHV. i beleive i bought it in 2005.

4. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

What type of oil do you use in that?? I just bought an 8hp Briggs and I draine dthe oil and did a tune up, but was not sure what type. I bought it used this year. Thanks for helping me.

5. Bill Kapaun

Bill Kapaun LawnSite Senior Member

6. Bill Kapaun

Bill Kapaun LawnSite Senior Member

BTW, A complete assembly is probably $50-60!
    Depending on what is wrong with it, it may be a bunch cheaper to pay to have it repaired.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I use 10w-30 synthetic in my 10hp Intek, it's either that or 10w-40 conventional seems to be what it likes best.

8. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

All Single cylinder Intek's as below;

[​IMG]

Just remember when using multi-weight oil check the level more often, The thinner oil will burn a little quicker.

9. ALBsun1

ALBsun1 LawnSite Member

I don't have a problem with the oil, don't know if i was unclear before, but the string in starter pulley broke, and other issues. i want to buy a starter assembly to replace the current one.

10. ALBsun1

ALBsun1 LawnSite Member

i don't know what is wrong with the assembly, i can still start it with the assembly off by wrapping the rope around the engine starter and pulling, don't know what its called, but it is a pain in the arse, doesn't work evertime.