Billy goat industries introduces game-changing “one & done” aeration

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by Michael J. Donovan, Oct 1, 2014.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good what will it cost?

2. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

About 7 per cent less than the Toro standon. Have heard around $8000.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Walker56 likes this.
  3. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries LawnSite Senior Member

I'll do my best to answer these. Sorry for the delay I've been out of the office and off Lawnsite for a few days. It's a single hydro you muscle it to turn much like our new hydro overseeders and brush cutters. Similarly, squeeze the right handle to go forward, the left handle to go backward. The harder you squeeze the handle the faster the unit goes. As for dual hydro, it's a great idea, and that's the logical next step, but try this one first. A dual hydro is much more complex and will be around 50% more expensive. It's one of the reasons the Lawn Solution unit failed and Toro hasn't been able to get it on the market after 3 years of trying. The price has creeped way too close the their ride on unit to get the durability they need.

You have to lower the tines into the ground with an activation/deactivation lever. When you do so, it squashes (or relieves) a hydraulic motor lever that will activate the tines when you activate the unit via the red activation/operator presence lever. The red activation/operator presence lever is above on the right handle. Yes you can pulverize an area if you're not paying attention but the unit is quick to learn how to operate.

That was a request that came up in our testing. We are working on a bolt on accessory that will allow you to adjust the front casters downward to get shallower holes if so inclined.

Let me know if there are any more questions. I will be disappearing later today though, until next week to work the Billy Goat GIE/EXPO booths.

4. mowing4cash

mowing4cash LawnSite Member
    from us

When will it be available to buy?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries LawnSite Senior Member

It is available now. All US distributors are down to limited quantities now though for the remainder of 2014. Overseas shipments begin in 2015.

If you have trouble locating a unit to demo or buy let me know and I'll get someone in touch with you ASAP.

6. Grasskeepers

Grasskeepers LawnSite Member
    from Alberta

I think if I bought this machine I would be majorly disappointed. 8 grand and not being dual hydro is a fail in my books. I'll probably be keeping my old school huskies

7. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

You owe it to yourself the demo the unit. Nothing else out there offers the variable plug spacing density.

Going slow yeilds tons of plugs....going fast will field a wider tine spacing and more ground covered and more productivity for area spent. When you need more plugs per square foot for seeding prep, vertical tilling etc. You can do this in just one pass or maybe the seceond pass as an 1/2 overlap or hit it at 90° or 45°. This is vastly better than running over the same area a dozen times or so with a drum style or rolling tine unit.

Yes the single hydro is an open differential but it not a man eater in difficulty of use in any remote sense of the term. If this was a mower then yes dual hydro is key. The other dual hydro aerators can't compare with their weak plug count.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. olajoe808

olajoe808 LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5b

fixed depth. This is a no brainer.

9. TennisBum

TennisBum LawnSite Member

The biggest PITA for me with respect to aerators are roots and hills. This thing looks like it would tip over at a 10 degree slope if you tried a path across the slope - which is necessary occasionally. Now, what happens when you roll over a root with this thing. I don't know; does anybody? Also, I use a box truck with about a 45 degree incline. Will this unit make up that slope? Will the tines bottom out?
    If you really want to impress with a product, why not show it doing the difficult stuff? Running it around on relatively flat turf tells me nothing.