Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been thinking about adding this to the rig.

I have never used one and most people down in texas rake leaves, blow them or mulch them. I figure to save man hours and energy I would look into one.

I have read a lot and there is a lot of mixed reviews.

Does anyone have one of these vacumes in a few pictures they can post. I just want to see the results.

I really would appreciate it thanks.

·
Registered
15,214 Posts
Slowwwwww way of doing it. You can use even something as simple as a mower to windrow the stuff, then tarp it faster than what these these work. Also, be ready to have a face full of dust if you operate one of these things.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I have the 512SP. It has it's uses, but imo they are limited. If I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't have purchased it.
Same here, use it mostly for litter now.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I have used my Billy Lawn vac for two years and love it. Granted if you have jobs where you can blow stuff into then blow it. BUT if you have upscale jobs and no place to blow your waste blow it onto the sidewalk or street in a windrow and then suck it up with the Billy. I have gotten quite a few jobs because I blow out the gutters in the street on the houses next to and across the street into a windrow and suck it all up takes an extra 5 mins but it impresses the heck out of folks. It is a great tool for quick clean ups. just suck up the heavy stuff and blow out the dust. It is a dusty unit but works great - especially in urban areas!

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Barefoot James, I'll send you your "under the table" endorsement check next week. Seriously, thank you for the feedback. Pedestrian vacuums in commercial settings are for hard surface and detail work. The more high end and detail oriented you want to be the more you need the services these products offer. Your competitors who don't have a vacuum and can't offer those services may beat you on price but they won't beat you on service. It's all on what kind of business you want to run.

Runner, the new KV series comes with bags the specifically vent the airflow away from the end user to avoid getting dust in the face. Would I use one while in a black tuxedo? Nope, but you get dirty operating any just about any form of commercial lawn equipment. There is also a version of this bag of this updated bag that will retrofit to the KD series.

Please let me know if there are any questions I can answer for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.