• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Billy Goat Lawn Vacuums

docshank

LawnSite Member
Has anybody used the Billy Goat lawn vacuums for picking up hickory nuts and acorns? I have a few lawns that are literally covered with nuts in the winter, and the customers always want them removed during spring cleanup. I've used a backpack blower to windrow them, and then put them in a wheelbarrow to haul them away. I was just wandering if the lawn vacuums would do a better and quicker job.<p>----------<br>Doc Shank<br>

Getmow

LawnSite Senior Member
The Billy Goat is a waste of time for nuts, acorns, gumballs etc. When you come up with a system let me know.

richard

Banned
the billy goat will pick up anything on a flat surface. mine picks up fir branches,cigarette packs,leaves,dirt,newspaper,soda cups,and other debris....it is king of hard surface now get out on the turf and you can't get the nozzle down as close but it will still stripe a lawn in late fall without stressing the grass...

pete

LawnSite Member
Check this out. http://www.cifarelli.it/eng05.html<br>The first time i saw it i thought it was cool. I was going to get one and use it to do general clean up work but it seems that its not practical for what i had in mind. Anyways this might be the ticket for you.

Charles

Moderator, Friend, Angel
A easyvac bagger will vacumm up any thing on any surface. Problem is that you will have to tape up the hoses and eventually replace them. Because hard object hit them like a bullet on the way to the cart. And at 20$ a foot for the black hose....