1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Billy Goat MV

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Poncho25, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

Well I just purchased one of these because mainly of the hose system it offered. Well its a piece of garbage!! Most of the parts are plastic and can warp very easily I would see over time of closing and opening the main intake. Also the way the MV is built it has about a 1/2 inch opening when closed for the vacuum system and thats spread across a 33 wide machine, thats a big hole and alot of lost suction. On the one I got, it was almost an inch gap, and I brought it back to the dealer and we even took the bar off to try to close the gap and could not. I am waiting to hear back from the dealer who took pictures of this and waiting to see if Billy Goat stands behind their products to offer a full money back satisfaction. I will just get the older model that you have to put the plate on the bottom to get the hose to work. The MV would have been a great idea with the bagging system change and the ease of use, but honestly if they put a bit more thought and $$ into the design of it, I think it would have been much better. All in all, I was very disappointed in the product and I was very much looking forward to using this on quite a few big jobs I have for cleaning out flower bed areas that are full with leaves.