Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I narrowed it down to 2. One is a 16hp LIttle wonder for a price of 3145 and the other is a Billy Goat 18hp for 3299. Do i pay the extra bucks for 2 more hp? or, is it worth the sacrafice to get the talon shredding and go with the little wonder brand? Of the two, which is the better bargain when it comes to reliability, hp, and shredding? Both have 10'' tubes.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I narrowed it down to 2. One is a 16hp Little wonder for a price of 3145 and the other is a Billy Goat 18hp for 3299. Do i pay the extra bucks for 2 more hp? or, is it worth the sacrifice to get the talon shredding and go with the little wonder brand? Of the two, which is the better bargain when it comes to reliability, hp, and shredding? Both have 10'' tubes.
well we are in the same boat but i am choosing between the billy goat HTR1830V or the BILLY GOAT DL1800V the difference is the HTR has a 4 blade steel impeller 3200 cfm, 6 inch discharge 36" long, 25" wide and is a pull start.

Now the DL 1800v has a 6 blade impeller with 18 cutting points 12-1 reduction ratio, a hand crank to rotate the exhaust 360 deg ,6 gallon fuel tank and also has an electric start. Both have 10" intake clear hose. I am mounting mine to a 6x10 dump trailer on the A-frame and the only reason i am undecide is because the book says the DL 1800v is 58" in lenth and 32" wide and im not sure if that will fit on the trailer. I dont understand how it could be so much longer in length unless im missing something.
I PERSONALLY WANT THE ELECTRIC START! Oh and my price is $2,999 for the HTR and 3,899 for the DL1800V

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
im not really familiar with either but i though the inside of the housing on the little wonder was a really great feature, so great in fact that i cant remeber what it was. i had read about it on here some time ago thinking i wish my giant vac had this feature. when it comes down to it, id look at which dealer it rather deal with. IMO anyway.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well we are in the same boat but i am choosing between the billy goat HTR1830V or the BILLY GOAT DL1800V the difference is the HTR has a 4 blade steel impeller 3200 cfm, 6 inch discharge 36" long, 25" wide and is a pull start.

Now the DL 1800v has a 6 blade impeller with 18 cutting points 12-1 reduction ratio but has an electric start. Both have 10" intake clear hose. I am mounting mine to a 6x10 dump trailer on the A-frame and the only reason i am undecide is because the book says the DL 1800v is 58" in lenth and 32" wide and im not sure if that will fit on the trailer. I dont understand how it could be so much longer in length unless im missing something.
I PERSONALLY WANT THE ELECTRIC START!
I believe the little wonder has a 12:1 too. Mine will also be mounted on my dump trailer, but i might weld a square receiver on the back of it so i could mabe put a swing away hitch on it. If not, it will just rest on the two back doors. I gotta make a decision soon.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not really familiar with either but i though the inside of the housing on the little wonder was a really great feature, so great in fact that i cant remeber what it was. i had read about it on here some time ago thinking i wish my giant vac had this feature. when it comes down to it, id look at which dealer it rather deal with. IMO anyway.
Are you talking about the Talon Shredding Ring? Thats what swaying me more towards little wonder. All 3 dealers carry both, and have a good rep.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
by the way, i wasnt being a smart guy on your last post about buying a 13hp, but it appears that i was right and you opted bigger. my moto about go big or go home wasnt a smart comment, its something ive learned to live by. ive found myself using that phylosophy when it comes to buying equiptment, not to sound like a little kid saying the bigger the better, but most bigger equiptment ive bought far exceeds my expectations and is far more efficient which makes much more per hour to far offset the purchace price. so next time you send me a private message calm down and think about what i said. i was questioning your reasoning and giving you my oppinion

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I believe the little wonder has a 12:1 too. Mine will also be mounted on my dump trailer, but i might weld a square receiver on the back of it so i could mabe put a swing away hitch on it. If not, it will just rest on the two back doors. I gotta make a decision soon.
You may want to consider having a stand with a table top platform welded over the box on the front A-FRAME and then bolt the debri loader to the stand so when you dump the unit stays on the a-frame,you just have to have it raised high enough to get to the jack stand and box.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
by the way, i wasnt being a smart guy on your last post about buying a 13hp, but it appears that i was right and you opted bigger. my moto about go big or go home wasnt a smart comment, its something ive learned to live by. ive found myself using that phylosophy when it comes to buying equiptment, not to sound like a little kid saying the bigger the better, but most bigger equiptment ive bought far exceeds my expectations and far more efficient making much more per hour to far offset the purchace price. so next time you send me a private message calm down and think about what i said. i was questioning your reasoning and giving you my oppinion
Works for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You may want to consider having a stand with a table top platform welded over the box on the front A-FRAME and then bolt the debri loader to the stand so when you dump the unit stays on the a-frame,you just have to have it raised high enough to get to the jack stand and box.
Yea, that could work. Either that, or i just take it off every time i dump. I really hope that it shreds it to dust so i won't have to go that often.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Yea, that could work. Either that, or i just take it off every time i dump. I really hope that it shreds it to dust so i won't have to go that often.
not exactly dust but more like dimes and nickles maybe, and taking it off every time is not going to happen for me since i am running solo right now and they weigh like 350lbs and im pretty weak :laugh:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I bought the HTR/18 hp with a Briggs and stratton engine with a pull start. It starts on the first or 2nd pull every time. I had it installed on a 1/2 ton pickup last year. I built a 4 ft high and 8 ft long box on the pickup, and it was too much weight on the pickup and took for ever to unload all the leaves in the bed. I bought a 3/4 ton pickup this year and had a EZ dump bed installed on the truck. I am going to build a box on the dump bed . I also bought a swing away hitch for the HTR/18 so I can swing the leaf vacuum away and dump the bed. The leaf vacuum is great, it will suck up wet leaves and also sticks. When I get the dump box built I will take pictures and post them on this site.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.