1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Billy Goat Product Line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mindset063, Aug 22, 2006.

1. mindset063

mindset063 LawnSite Member

What do you think of Billy Goat products? I'm thinking of getting a truckloader to do leaves with.

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We got a WB 13HP blower and like it a lot.

3. MDLawnman

MDLawnman LawnSite Member

It's funny that you should ask. I just demo'd one today - the 13 HP Honda. Granted what leaves there are, are as dry as they can be. The loader cleaned them up fast and pulverised them into a very fine mulch. A big pile mulched down to almost nothing.

I tried to throw the rep a curve and broke out the garden hose. I soaked a good pile of leaves, mixed them up with my feet then soaked them again, then repeated that a few more times. The machine was at half throttle and it sucked the leaves up no problem.

In short - the machine is in my shop now waiting for fall. My hope is that if I don't do much more mowing this year I can "clean up" with leaves this fall.

That Honda engine seems to have ALOT of torque.

Hope that helps some . . . .

4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

We have one...forget the model number off hand. I believe I wrote about it awhile back...do a search. We love the darn thing. Few (4 maybe???) years old and still runs very well. Knock on wood no problems...

5. mindset063

mindset063 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info... looks like I will be buying one.

6. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw a Billy Goat walk behind the other day at a dealer that I do business with. I wanna say it was a 32 or 36?? But...does anyone use these things?? Im not interested in buying one cause I use a Quick...but it seemed to have alot of dust on it...so I was just curious.....

7. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I did a post asking this a while back... They said it wasn't a good cut. I've never tried one.

8. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

i'm looking into one for this fall. I'm gunna make a trailerbox thought and have it fill that.