1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Billygoat Contour mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by V.H. lass, Jan 18, 2002.

1. V.H. lass

V.H. lass LawnSite Member

Has anyone seen the new contour mower by billygoat? I received the video the other day and was impress with the performance on the tape ( haven't demo yet) The mower is 24" 6.5 B/S engine mower, would this be a good trim mower for $1200? advice appreciated

Thanks!

2. We made the mistake of paying big dollars for a trim mower. we paid over a 1000 for a honda and a exmark 21 as i look back ,that could of been a big hunk on a belt drive wide walk behind or even a hydro.
    We are now in a position we dont have to take lawns with gates that ,you cant get a ztr or wide walkbehind in,and will never buy a expensive trimm mower again.
    That 1200 would be a big hunk on a 32 inch belt drive if you have a lot of fences chances are it would get in most of them
    Im not trying to tell you how to run your business.
    I just thought i would make a suggestion to you.

3. johnnywalker

johnnywalker Banned

This looks like a good mower. According to some info another LS member sent me on this unit, it runs around $1600 (not sure if that's US or Cnd.), has a large designated discharge chute, high ground speed but no bag is avail. as of yet. Mabe too pricey for its size.

4. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Machine HW650SP engine-6.5 B/S intek OHV/IC Price 1,199.00 i recieved the video tape on the machine, Looks impressive on the tape and prob-is a good mower,but seems alittle small for back yds, if i didn't already have a Toro Proline 21 trim id sure take a look at one. I cut several Banks and Stores,and only at the entry-ways i use the 21" also on a few other jobs, but its used very little. I don't take the gated yds unless they will install a large gate,which several of my clients have. If its just for backyards and gates look for a 36 or 32 used walk. Marks Mowing Service