Bio apps

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by grassmasterswilson, Dec 21, 2016.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

with little research on the subject it is hard for me to grasp the benefits.

Labels will state monthly during growing season others will say above 40 degree soil temp microbes are active

I would like to add some this year but don't want to be wasting my money

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

GMW, do not worry about grasping the benefits. The main benefit is in your sales message, as a sales point, orally and in your sales flyer. As compared to competitors, be sure to claim you are earth friendly, easy on the environment, safe for kids and pets, and gluten-free. You use no strong-smelling harsh products, that damage the soil and destroy earthworms, right?
    Then adjust your program by adding an organic bridge product like "Screamin Green"--or--maybe a granulated poultry manure fertilizer--chicken ship or similar. High in calcium, sweetens sour soil. Granular organic fertilizer twice per year or whatever suits your situation. A fertilizer with some of the inerts replace by bio-solids might work for you.

Feel free to add organic supplements, but considering their costs, you might want to consider using less than the label suggests.
    http://www.holganix.com/university-studies

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  3. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

If nothing is invested, then nothing can be gained.

Take a couple years to do some testing of your own, on control properties and see for yourself. Invest into this area, and you shall be rewarded, but be for warned that you have to learn much more than with the traditional method of application of mineral fertilizers. What to do as well as what not to do. Take some courses that are Objective.

Your Trees, Shrubs, Plants and Turf will let you know when the Bio product(s) you choose are working. It becomes obvious.

4. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Thanks. My issue is most labels make it impossible for me to follow(monthly during growing season will not work). Plus lack of reasearch.

I'm going to add a product to my blanket apps when soil temps rise to 45 degrees and see what results happen. Commit to 2017 and tweak going forward.

5. Brandon Britt

Brandon Britt LawnSite Member

Anytime you are mixing up a tank you cannot go wrong with throwing a humic acid and seaweed extract product. These products used together promote root development and resistance of disease, plus a darker green color.

hort101 and phasthound like this.