Black and Decker on a buying spree: now it is Excel Industries

JLH52

LawnSite Senior Member
Will this buyout have any effect on Hustler quality, engineering, future design changes, etc.

How will this affect the end user of Hustler and Big Dog mowers in the long and short term?

I assume the answer to these questions would only be speculative at this time, unless you can predict the future based on similar buyouts in similar situations.

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
I hate hearing stuff like this. They may leave these companies alone for a while, but eventually it will come down to money and how best to save it by making shortcuts. That is never a good thing. More so if china has anything to do with it what-so-ever at any point in the line of production or financial backing. They are out to break us and take over as the leading economy and have their currency be the world's currency. No thanks!.

tdipaul

LawnSite Senior Member
I hate hearing stuff like this. They may leave these companies alone for a while, but eventually it will come down to money and how best to save it by making shortcuts. That is never a good thing. More so if china has anything to do with it what-so-ever at any point in the line of production or financial backing. They are out to break us and take over as the leading economy and have their currency be the world's currency. No thanks!.

Same here.
I am so sick of China and giving them money.
Nameless, faceless people (ever met one? Nope!)

Oh by the way the new Commercial Hustlers are out

Jfly37

LawnSite Member
I'm not trying to pick a fight or step on anyones toes here but I owned a hustler fast trak and had nothing but problems with it. Hustler in my opinion was already going down hill long before this buyout ever happened. Many years ago you used to see all the county road crews and landscape crews using them around here but then they all disappeared. Now all you see is Scag and Exmark. I also had several personal dealings with their distributor down in Florida which never made good on anything they said they would do including calling me back. In my experience and observation companies don't get bought out like this if they are leaders in their industry.

Top Forums