Black and Decker on a buying spree: now it is Excel Industries

Prestigious1

LawnSite Member
I'm not trying to pick a fight or step on anyones toes here but I owned a hustler fast trak and had nothing but problems with it. Hustler in my opinion was already going down hill long before this buyout ever happened. Many years ago you used to see all the county road crews and landscape crews using them around here but then they all disappeared. Now all you see is Scag and Exmark. I also had several personal dealings with their distributor down in Florida which never made good on anything they said they would do including calling me back. In my experience and observation companies don't get bought out like this if they are leaders in their industry.
Keep in mind, Ferris was bought by Simplicity back in the early '00's. But then Simplicity was bought by Briggs and I think they've slowly gone down hill, though Ferris still seems to be quite good.

OP
M

Mowingman

LawnSite Fanatic
Ferris, Simplicity, and Snapper were the B&S brands. All have been for sale for the last couple of years. B&S has since declared bankruptcy, so I don't know if the new owners are still trying to sell off these lines, or not.

Prestigious1

LawnSite Member
Ferris, Simplicity, and Snapper were the B&S brands. All have been for sale for the last couple of years. B&S has since declared bankruptcy, so I don't know if the new owners are still trying to sell off these lines, or not.
Rumor has it a former group from Simplicity is negotiating to acquire the brand and move it back to Port Washington, WI....but you know how rumors are.

OP
M

Mowingman

LawnSite Fanatic
Rumor has it a former group from Simplicity is negotiating to acquire the brand and move it back to Port Washington, WI....but you know how rumors are.
They sure aren't going to have much left to work with. Kind of like building a new brand from scratch.

JLH52

LawnSite Senior Member
LOL, I am certain you know BigDog mowers are not, or never have been in any box store.

Who are you working with at this point in your life? I am glad to see you are still following the site.
You've been missed not being here to give us the straight scoop on all things Hustler.

Top Forums