• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Black or color print on flyers?

diesel23

LawnSite Member
Getting ready to pull the trigger on my first large flyer distribution, do you guys go with black print or full color.

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
nothing looks worse and cheap than a balck and white(if you will) flyer. looks generic. we go full color, looks so much nicer. depends on what your design is too, we have photos etc that require color and gloss to look right

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
Color is almost 7 times as expensive as black and white. I spend a lot of time designing my B&W flyers so they are appealing. I work with a part time advertising designer.

OP
D

diesel23

LawnSite Member
Color is almost 7 times as expensive as black and white. I spend a lot of time designing my B&W flyers so they are appealing. I work with a part time advertising designer.
I have to admit I was a little stunned by the color cost. I was thinking about using black ink on bright yellow paper, what do you think?
Posted via Mobile Device

THC

LawnSite Silver Member
Another good combo I've used is white paper and green and black print. I've used black and white before with success as well, you just need a nice Flyer. I design my own so just black and white is a little boring for me but you can add variety just by diluting the colour.
I'm looking at my green and black flyer, I used solid green for the outline of text boxes with white lettering. The inside of the boxes have the same green but at about 10% strength so it's very light and adds contrast to the 100% green.

OP
D

diesel23

LawnSite Member
So my dilemma is using color flyers which will look better and more eye catching OR use black print on colored paper and put out WAY more flyers????
So what do you guys think??

THC

LawnSite Silver Member
The more you put out the less per they cost. The best price I've been quoted is 30,000 half page, full colour, 20lb paper for $750, printing only.