Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sharpen my blades once a week with a hand grinder and have had good results. I balance them by hanging the blade on a screwdriver (through the blade mount hole).

I don't get any vibration but should I get any kind of special balance for this operation?

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
yeah chuck, based on what I hear they are highly regarded for sure.

but I don't think a guy that sharpens his blades only once a week can justify the cost of the magnamatic. if he's got a screwdriver or nail to hang them on.

I wonder where you could find a cheapo used one? e-bay perhaps?

GEO

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
Originally posted by geogunn
yeah chuck, based on what I hear they are highly regarded for sure.

but I don't think a guy that sharpens his blades only once a week can justify the cost of the magnamatic if he's got a screwdriver or nail to hang them on.

I wonder where you could find a cheapo used one? e-bay perhaps?

GEO

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
HighGrass,
If what you're doing now gives the results you're speaking of, NO VIBRATION, why worry about it?
Unless it's really bad balance problem, the time you'd feel it most is when you engage the blades, if you're smooth at that point, go for it.
I have & use the Magna balancer, it is really well made, can cause blade balance fanaticism.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.