Blade change ramps

danell10

LawnSite Senior Member
Hey guys, I'm wondering what you use to elevate your mowers to perform blade changes?

Today I bought a pair of plastic car ramps at Harbor Freight for 45 bucks. Their elevation is six inches. I can raise my deck 5 1/2" before driving up the ramps, so I should have plenty of clearance to remove and install blades

Those of you who don't yet have a good blade changing system should look into these ramps. You could set the ramps on a pair of perpendicular 2 x 4s if you need more height.

Dan--

OP
D

danell10

LawnSite Senior Member
Hey guys, I'm wondering what you use to elevate your mowers to perform blade changes?

Today I bought a pair of plastic car ramps at Harbor Freight for 45 bucks. Their elevation is six inches. I can raise my deck 5 1/2" before driving up the ramps, so I should have plenty of clearance to remove and install blades

Those of you who don't yet have a good blade changing system should look into these ramps. You could set the ramps on a pair of perpendicular 2 x 4s if you need more height.

Dan--
Thanks for your input! I have a contingency plan. If I need more height, I can put two 4 x 4s perpendicular to and under the ramps. Then I can change light bulbs in my garage too.

FitzRightYardServices

LawnSite Senior Member

Dan--
Someone on Instagram does it the same way.

MikeJG

LawnSite Member
I use the trailer ramp. Put a block behind the wheels. Using a Dewalt impact wrench now as well.

rippinryno

LawnSite Gold Member
the problem with the ramps is that they get in the way under the deck when you're pulled up on them. I have the plastic rhino ramps and do use them periodically for vehicles and mowers, but the best purchase I made 3 years ago was a harbor freight mower lift for like $80. It's cheap, and it works 100 percent. Fast, easy, can go as high as you want, etc.