1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Blade difference

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by deereman, May 7, 2005.

1. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Can any body tell me the difference between a (crank blade ) and the (standard blade ) ? I am ordering blades for myself as well as neighbors, and I really dont know what the diiference would be. Any info would be helpful for me, thanks in advance.

2. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

What is a crank blade?

3. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Is that like a razor? Used to slice cocaine or something? A crank blade?

4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Never heard of a crank blade.......sorry, I'm not much help.

5. heavenlydeere

heavenlydeere LawnSite Member

never heard of a crank blade, but i've had to replace a few muffler bearings in my time!!! seriously, deereman i can only assume that you run deere equipment , deere offers a standard blade and a highlift blade, they also spec predator blades which are similar to gators, dont use the predators they are nearly worthless , as are the standard blades! i run 4 deeres 2 757s 2 777s and they all have the highlifts on them

6. deereman

from USA

In both of my magazines from J THOMAS and LANDSCAPER PRO they both have diff blade types they are as follows:
    Standard
    Hi-Lift
    Crank ;)
    Mulching
    Mamba -high lift

These blades are in the Deere section , so maybe they are something that only Deere has to offer?

7. heavenlydeere

heavenlydeere LawnSite Member

maybe the word crank is just a company term for a highlift or mulching blade or maybe who ever wrote the articles didnt know so much about it,i wonder if i could sell this person a muffler bearing??? i did run this term on google and came up with nothing so unless someone on here has more info i dont think i can help!!

8. bill w

bill w LawnSite Member
    from Va.

Crankshaft output vs. belt drive?

9. deereman

from USA

If you guys look in your J Thomas mag and the Landscaper Pro mag and look into the blade repacement section under John Deere section you will see what I am talking about.

10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

They really "crank" out the grass! Which would mean they throw it out the furthest, which would be high-lift. Just a guess... Never heard the term either.